Philippine Consulate General Seeks Stronger Trade and Investment Flows with Lifan Technology Group
28 October 2021 – Philippine Consul General Flerida Ann Camille P. Mayo met today with Mr. Yang Bo, President of Lifan Technology Group Co., Ltd., and other company officials at its Chongqing headquarters in Beibei District. They exchanged market information and considered suggestions on improving the Ease of Doing Business in the Philippines. Lifan’s Philippine business, conducted through local partners, employs around 10,000 workers. Consul General Mayo also availed herself of the opportunity to tour Lifan’s motorcycle and engine assembly plants as well as showroom for a close look at Lifan’s quality standards. Lifan is one of the biggest motorcycle producers in China, and the Philippines is currently its biggest overseas market. END
UNITED FILIPINOS IN CHONGQING SHARE INSPIRING STORIES OF RESILIENCE IN COMMUNITY FORUM
31 October 2021 - Philippine Consul General Flerida Ann Camille P. Mayo opened today the Open Forum on “Using Motivation to Improve Performance which the United Filipinos in Chongqing (UFC) organized for Filipino teachers, other professionals and household service workers at the Raffles City in Chongqing, China.
In her remarks, Consul General Mayo commended the UFC for initiating programs that stimulate the personal and professional growth of its members. She observed that the Forum’s theme captures the spirit that moves Filipinos overseas to stand out in the work place as a matter of Filipino pride. She pointed to “a personal purpose that fits a common goal” as a powerful motivation for Filipino communities overseas.
The Consul General applauded the resource persons, namely, Jasmine Maquiling, Giselle Mendoza, Lyndel Sanchez and Xerwin Reyes, for generously sharing personal stories of Filipino resilience. Living through overwhelming pain and loss following failed relationships and private businesses, the sharers offered advice on overcoming misfortune. “You are like the bamboo that bends, but does not break, when buffeted by harsh winds. It is a privilege to grow beside you,” Consul General Mayo said.
The United Filipinos in Chongqing was founded on 21 September 2021 and is currently presided by Ms. Ma. Earnest Joy Agudo. END
Philippine Consulate General in Chongqing and Chengdu Philwin Consulting Co., Ltd. Explore Economic, Tourism and Education Opportunities
22 October 2021 – The Philippine Consulate General in Chongqing welcomed representatives of the Chengdu Philwin Consulting Co., Ltd., headed by its CEO, Mr. Hedin Yap, to discuss the company’s opening of its Chongqing branch later this year, as well as explore different projects where the Consulate and the company may cooperate. Both sides exchanged ideas covering opportunities in urban development, tourism, trade and investments and education. END
PHILIPPINE CONSUL GENERAL DELIVERS AN ADDRESS AT THE 2021 CHONGQING TONGNAN LEMON FESTIVAL OPENING CEREMONY
NEWS / PRESS RELEASES
Monday, 16 May 2022
- Friday, 13 May 2022 PH Consulate General and Potential Chongqing Partners Eye Beneficial Education Cooperation
- Friday, 06 May 2022 PH Consulate General and Allied Bank to Leverage Synergies for Stronger PH-Southwest China Economic Ties
- Wednesday, 04 May 2022 FILIPINOS IN CHONGQING CELEBRATE NATIONAL HERITAGE MONTH AND LABOR DAY WITH TRADITIONAL GAMES
- Monday, 02 May 2022 President Rodrigo Roa Duterte's Labor Day Message (1 May 2022)
- Tuesday, 10 May 2022 Posting of a Copy of Election Returns
- Thursday, 05 May 2022 Temporary Suspension of Consular Transactions on 10 May 2022
- Thursday, 05 May 2022 Close of Voting Period on 9 May 2022
- Wednesday, 27 April 2022 Advisory - Updated Certified List of Overseas Voters Registered with the Philippine Consulate General in Chongqing
- Wednesday, 27 April 2022 Chongqing PCG Advisory - Request To Mail the Ballots Back to the Consulate Soon