PH Consulate General Explores Economic and Cultural Promotion in Chongqing with Private Partners
13 May 2022, Chongqing – In line with the Consulate’s economic and cultural diplomacy objectives, Philippine Consul General Flerida Ann Camille P. Mayo welcomed Mr. Zhao Zhang’Ao and Mr. Vincent Deng for meeting today to discuss the promotion of Philippine culture, arts, and trade in Chongqing.
The establishment of a Philippine Center or Showroom in Bishan District, Chongqing, has been proposed as a vehicle for promotion of PH culture, trade and tourism. Various modes of Philippine art promotion were discussed, such as digital exhibits and galleries, among others.
Mr. Zhao is the Secretary General of the Myanmar Promotion Center and Co-President of the China-Myanmar Economic Cooperation and Development Promotion Association, while Mr. Deng is the curator of Hong Kong VA Galleries in Chongqing. END
PH Consulate General and Potential Chongqing Partners Eye Beneficial Education Cooperation
11 May 2022, Chongqing – Philippine Consul General Flerida Ann Camille P. Mayo met today with Dr. James Liao, founder of the Chongqing-Philippine Cultural Development, Inc. and Vice President of the Philippine Christian University, Prof. Hu Bin, President of the Chongqing Education Association for International Exchange (CQAEFIE), Mr. Xiang Cai, Technical Education Branch President of CQAEFIE, Mr. Gao Bo, Technical Education Branch Secretary General of CQAEFIE, and Ms. Linda Zhang, CEO of Chongqing Meng Ai Education, to explore avenues for enhancing bilateral cooperation between the Philippines and China, particularly in vocational and technical education.
The discussions covered several platforms, including the Luban Workshops and the establishment of a Sino-Philippine Technical Education Alliance. Other possible programs considered were student and faculty exchange including in the areas of language training, transportation, logistics, artificial intelligence, and light-rail management, to name a few. END
PH Consulate General and Allied Bank to Leverage Synergies for Stronger PH-Southwest China Economic Ties
FILIPINOS IN CHONGQING CELEBRATE NATIONAL HERITAGE MONTH AND LABOR DAY WITH TRADITIONAL GAMES
On the occasion of the National Heritage Month and Labor Day, the Filipino community in Chongqing bonded anew over a Filipino feast and traditional Filipino children’s games at a local park in the municipality on 1 May 2022.
During the double celebration, Philippine Consul General Flerida Ann Camille P. Mayo shared updates on the Department of Migrant Workers, Overseas Voting and contingency plans in the event of a COVID outbreak in Chongqing. “As we honor workers around the world, please be assured that your government continually endeavors to strengthen its support and services for overseas Filipinos,” she remarked.
Traditional Filipino games such as patintero and sungka ushered in the observance of National Heritage Month by the Filipino community. “These games, I fear, may soon be forgotten given lifestyles ruled by smart phones. We should do our part, as Filipino culture bearers, to pass on to our children the games we loved in our youth that have helped develop resilience for adult challenges,” the Consul General said.
The Consul General also took the opportunity to read the messages of President Rodrigo Roa Duterte for both occasions.
The community event was organized by the United Filipinos in Chongqing with the support of the Philippine Consulate General. END
NEWS / PRESS RELEASES
Monday, 16 May 2022
- Friday, 13 May 2022 PH Consulate General and Potential Chongqing Partners Eye Beneficial Education Cooperation
- Friday, 06 May 2022 PH Consulate General and Allied Bank to Leverage Synergies for Stronger PH-Southwest China Economic Ties
- Wednesday, 04 May 2022 FILIPINOS IN CHONGQING CELEBRATE NATIONAL HERITAGE MONTH AND LABOR DAY WITH TRADITIONAL GAMES
- Monday, 02 May 2022 President Rodrigo Roa Duterte's Labor Day Message (1 May 2022)
- Tuesday, 10 May 2022 Posting of a Copy of Election Returns
- Thursday, 05 May 2022 Temporary Suspension of Consular Transactions on 10 May 2022
- Thursday, 05 May 2022 Close of Voting Period on 9 May 2022
- Wednesday, 27 April 2022 Advisory - Updated Certified List of Overseas Voters Registered with the Philippine Consulate General in Chongqing
- Wednesday, 27 April 2022 Chongqing PCG Advisory - Request To Mail the Ballots Back to the Consulate Soon