PH Consul General invites Changan (Chongqing) to invest in the PH Automotive Industry
08 June 2022, Chongqing – Philippine Consul General Flerida Ann Camille P. Mayo met today with representatives of Chongqing’s Changan Auto, namely Mr. Li Yuanxing (Senior Manager of the Asia Pacific Sales Region), Mr. Zhang Yang (Sales Manager), and Mr. Wu Han (Business Manager) to discuss the company’s business presence in the Philippines and plans to strengthen traction for the Chinese brand.
The Consulate General presented an overview of the Philippine business environment, particularly in the automotive industry, including recent developments favoring foreign investments in electric vehicle manufacturing.
Changan is one of China’s leading car manufacturers with a strong industry record spanning 38 years. END
PH Consulate General Ushers in National Flag Days, Delivers Lecture on Heraldic Code
PH Consulate General, Philwin-Chongqing Discuss Mutual Interests in Philippine Tourism, Education, and Business Promotion
PH Consul General Flerida Ann Camille P. Mayo (second from right) meets Ms. Nancy Zhou (left), manager of the Chengdu Philwin Consulting Co., Ltd.-Chongqing Branch (Philwin-Chongqing) at the latter’s office at the World Financial Center in Chongqing. Noting their shared objectives insofar as Philippine tourism, education, and commercial promotion are concerned, they discussed possible joint projects to launch in Chongqing.
Panhua Group Restarts Multi-Billion Dollar Project in Mindanao, Eyes Other PH Investment Areas
20 May 2022, Chongqing – Philippine Consul General Flerida Ann Camille P. Mayo met with the Panhua Group Chairperson and founder, Mr. Li Xinghua, at the company’s plant in Fuling District, Chongqing to discuss updates on Panhua Group’s integrated steel mill project in Mindanao. They also exchanged notes on other investment prospects for Panhua in other parts of the Philippines. Also present in the meeting were officials of Panhua Group, namely Mr. Qin Yang, Deputy General Manager of Panhua; Mr. Li Yutong, Philippine Business Representative of Panhua; Mr. Wu Weimin, Deputy General Manager of Chongqing Wanda Steel Sheet Co., Ltd., Panhua’s subsidiary and manufacturing arm in Chongqing; Mr. Zhou Yaochen, Assistant to the Chairperson; and Ms. Xiong Qin, Assistant to the General Manager. Consul General Mayo was accompanied by Vice Consul Adrian G. Miras and Mr. Timothy Wong, the Consulate’s senior interpreter.
Mr. Li took the Philippine Consul General on a tour of Panhua Group’s wharf on the Yangtze River, which carries shipment of rolled steel sheets and other steel products from its plant in Fuling District to other parts of China and markets overseas. The Panhua Group Chairman also arranged for Consul General Mayo to view the a fully automated production line that manufactures rolled steel sheets. They availed themselves of the opportunity to explore further investment prospects for Panhua Group in the Philippines. END
NEWS / PRESS RELEASES
Thursday, 04 August 2022
- Monday, 25 July 2022 PH Debuts at the Western China International Fair for Investment and Trade
- Tuesday, 12 July 2022 Statement of Foreign Affairs Secretary Enrique A. Manalo on the 6th Anniversary award of the South China Sea Arbitration
- Monday, 04 July 2022 Chinese attraction to Philippine sun and sea rekindled at Chongqing’s 3-Day Tourism Fair
- Friday, 01 July 2022 Chongqing Partners Feted in 47th PH-CN Diplomatic Relations Anniversary Celebration
- Tuesday, 10 May 2022 Posting of a Copy of Election Returns
- Thursday, 05 May 2022 Temporary Suspension of Consular Transactions on 10 May 2022
- Thursday, 05 May 2022 Close of Voting Period on 9 May 2022
- Wednesday, 27 April 2022 Advisory - Updated Certified List of Overseas Voters Registered with the Philippine Consulate General in Chongqing
- Wednesday, 27 April 2022 Chongqing PCG Advisory - Request To Mail the Ballots Back to the Consulate Soon