Public Advisory: Further Updates for Those Intending to Travel to the Philippines: Inclusion of Pakistan, Jamaica, Luxembourg, Oman and the People’s Republic of China among Countries Subject to Travel Restrictions
PASAY CITY 12 January 2021 — Further to the advisories issued by the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) based on Memoranda from the Executive Secretary on the regulation of entry for travelers from or transiting through areas that have reported incidence of the new COVID-19 variant, the public is informed of additional measures pertaining to the inclusion of Pakistan, Jamaica, Luxembourg, Oman and the People’s Republic of China among countries subject to travel restrictions effective 12:01 p.m., 13 January 2021 Manila time until 15 January 2021, as directed by Malacañang Palace Memorandum issued on 12 January 2021, which may be accessed here: https://bit.ly/3bCi8wx.
As such, the DFA reiterates its earlier advisories regarding the travel restriction:
- All overseas Filipinos are reminded of the limited quarantine facilities in place and are thus strongly urged to reconsider travel plans to the Philippines for the duration of the travel restrictions, which is set to end on 15 January 2021, without prejudice to the extension of such period upon approval of the IATF;
- Those entering the Philippines from, or who have been to, the affected countries and jurisdiction in the last 14 days are also reminded that they will be required to undergo and complete a strict mandatory 14-day quarantine at a DOH-approved facility, regardless of negative RT-PCR result.
- For the period of the restrictions, foreign nationals who have directly come from or who have entered the concerned countries and jurisdiction within the last 14 days from date of arrival in the Philippines will temporarily be restricted from entering the Philippines. This applies notwithstanding previous visa status, past IATF approval of exemptions and relation to Filipino citizens.
- For transits through airports in concerned countries/jurisdiction, please be guided by more specific regulations here: https://bit.ly/3hNbd4m.
- For rules on unaccompanied minor children, please be guided by more specific regulations here: https://bit.ly/38qMr7d.
The DFA once again calls for all travelers to the country to carefully reconsider their travel plans, including postponing their trips until after the end of the travel restrictions to avoid personal inconvenience and possible additional expenses as well as help prevent the incidence of the new COVID-19 variant in the country.
As always, the DFA reminds travelers to always check ahead of travel dates with their airlines before departure or before booking a ticket as information published could change at any time. END
 Memoranda from the Executive Secretary dated 29 December 2020 (https://bit.ly/3hJV1B6), 31 December 2020 (https://bit.ly/3hNbd4m), 05 January 2021 (https://bit.ly/38qMr7d) and 08 January 2021 (https://bit.ly/3nzHzRx).
 As of 12:01 p.m. on 13 January 2021 Manila time, these are: the (1) United Kingdom, (2) Denmark, (3) Ireland, (4) Japan, (5) Australia, (6) Israel, (7) The Netherlands, (8) Hong Kong, SAR, (9) Switzerland, (10) France, (11) Germany, (12) Iceland, (13) Italy, (14) Lebanon, (15) Singapore, (16) Sweden, (17) South Korea, (18) South Africa, (19) Canada, (20) Spain, (21) United States, (22) Portugal, (23) India, (24) Finland, (25) Norway, (26) Jordan, (27) Brazil, (28) Austria, (29) Pakistan, (30) Jamaica, (31) Luxembourg, (32) Oman and (33) the People’s Republic of China.
12 January 2021