Public Advisory: Further Updates for Those Intending to Travel to the Philippines: Inclusion of Portugal, India, Finland, Norway, Jordan, and Brazil among Countries Subject to Travel Restrictions and Rules on incoming unaccompanied minor Filipino passengers
PASAY CITY 06 January 2021 — Further to the advisories issued by the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) based on Memoranda from the Executive Secretary on the regulation of entry for travelers from or transiting through areas that have reported incidence of the new COVID-19 variant, the public is informed of additional measures pertaining to the inclusion of Portugal, India, Finland, Norway, Jordan, and Brazil among countries subject to travel restrictions effective 0001H, 08 January 2021 Manila time until 15 January 2021, and the rules on incoming unaccompanied minor Filipino passengers, as directed by Malacañang Palace Memorandum issued on 05 January 2021, which may be accessed here: https://www.officialgazette.gov.ph/downloads/2020/12dec/20210105-Memorandum-from-the-Executive-Secretary.pdf.
As such, the DFA reiterates its earlier advisory regarding the travel restriction:
- All overseas Filipinos are reminded of the limited quarantine facilities in place and are thus strongly urged to reconsider travel plans to the Philippines for the duration of the travel restrictions, which is set to end on 15 January 2021;
- Those entering the Philippines from the affected countries and jurisdiction are also reminded that they will be required to undergo and complete a strict mandatory 14-day quarantine at a DOH-approved facility, regardless of negative RT-PCR result.
- For the period of the restrictions, foreign nationals who have directly come from or who have entered the concerned countries and jurisdiction within the last 14 days from date of arrival in the Philippines will temporarily be restricted from entering the Philippines. This applies notwithstanding previous visa status, past IATF approval of exemptions and relation to Filipino citizens.
- For transits through airportsin concerned countries/jurisdiction, please be guided by more specific regulations here: https://bit.ly/3hNbd4m.
- Effective 0001H 08 January 2021, all unaccompanied minor Filipino citizens coming from countries/jurisdiction where travel restrictions are in place shall not be allowed entry until 15 January 2021, except if such minors are returning through the repatriation program. All unaccompanied minor Filipino citizens who are not part of the repatriation program arriving prior to 0001H 08 January 2021 shall be turned over to an authorized DSWD officer who can similarly ensure the minors’ safety and observance of quarantine protocols.
Further details may be found on: https://www.officialgazette.gov.ph/downloads/2020/12dec/20210105-Memorandum-from-the-Executive-Secretary.pdf.
The DFA once again calls for all travelers to the country to carefully reconsider their travel plans, including postponing their trips until after the end of the travel restrictions to avoid personal inconvenience and possible additional expenses as well as help prevent the incidence of the new COVID-19 variant in the country.
As always, the DFA reminds travelers to always check ahead of travel dates with their airlines before departure or before booking a ticket as information published could change at any time. END
06 January 2021
 As of 06 January 2021, these are: the United Kingdom, Denmark, Ireland, Japan, Australia, Israel, The Netherlands, Hong Kong, SAR, Switzerland, France, Germany, Iceland, Italy, Lebanon, Singapore, Sweden, South Korea, South Africa, Canada, Spain, United States, Portugal, India, Finland, Norway, Jordan and Brazil