Updated - Exemptions to the Temporary Suspension of Visa Issuance and Visa-Free Privileges
Further to our earlier public advisories on 23 March and 02 November 2020, the public is notified that the visa issuance and visa-free privileges, including those pursuant to Visa Waiver Agreements, those under E.O. No. 408, s. 1960, and for holders of Hong Kong SAR Passports, Macau SAR Passports, Macau-Portuguese Passports and British National Overseas Passports are temporarily suspended.
However, pursuant to IATF Resolution No. 6 dated 30 July 2020 and IATF Resolution No. 47 dated 19 June 2020, the following may be allowed entry into the country provided that they hold valid visas or obtain them at the Foreign Service Posts:
- Foreign spouses of Filipino nationals
- Foreign minor children and foreign children with special needs regardless of age, of Filipino nationals;
- Foreign parents of minor Filipino children and of Filipino children with special needs regardless of age; and
- Foreign seafarers may be allowed entry into the country for purposes of crew rotation.
- Pursuant to IATF Resolutions No. 56, No. 80 and No. 84 dated 16 July 2020, 22 October 2020 and 19 November 2020, respectively, foreign nationals with the following visas shall be allowed to enter the Philippines:
- Section 13 series of the Immigration Act (CA 613), as amended;
- 13 Quota, 13(a), 13(b), 13(c), 13(d), 13(e), 13(f), 13(g) visas;
- Republic Act 7919;
- Executive Order 324 visa;
- Native Born visa;
- Temporary Resident Visa relative to Section 13 of CA 613, as amended based on
- Memorandum Order No. ADD-01-038 and ADD02-015);
- MCL-07-021 Permanent Resident Visa based on Section 13(a) of CA 613;
- EO 226 Visa;
- Special Investor’s Resident Visa (SIRV) under EO 226*
- 47 (a-2) Visa issued by the Department of Justice;
- Section 9(d) of CA No. 613, as amended.
Foreign nationals with visas issued by the following economic zones: Aurora Pacific Economic Zone and Freeport Authority (APECO), Subic Bay Metropolitan Authority (SBMA), Authority of the Freeport Area of Bataan (AFAB), Cagayan Economic Zone Authority (CEZA) and Clark Development Corporation (CDC).
The abovementioned foreign nationals may be allowed entry into the country provided that they have valid and existing visas at the time of entry.
For the public’s information and guidance.
25 November 2020, Chongqing
*Not applicable to SIRV under EO No. 63